Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Southern California Sacred Site

I'm inspired by the post on a sacred site in Australia to share this experience. I live about thirty miles north of San Diego, California. I grew up here, moved away for 25 years, and returned in 2000. I have spent a good part of my life hiking around these hills. Now that I am pushing 60, I still get out and hike as often as possible. I am VERY in tune with earth energies, and have discovered numerous ancient sites (which I have left intact and for the most part unrecorded).

Since moving to the northern part of San Diego I've been staring up at a huge monolith everyone calls Mesa Rock. I would never believe it is a natural feature except it's so huge, it can be seen for ten miles. Gradually I have discovered that this is part of a complex of standing stones that extends for miles. I've photographed and plotted some of these monuments. I have not discovered any evidence that anyone has ever seen these before - and yet it seems impossible to me that I should be the first.

Using GoogleEarth, I've discovered several important sites, alignments and possible hillside fortresses. I have found ancient terracing and at least three ancient dams, all of which still work. I have found an ancient wall, and while downloading the photos I took at that site I found three consecutive frames in which a round ball of white mist rises out of the bushes and drifts upward and out of the frame. I've also discovered an area that's literally ringed with earth fault lines which can be clearly seen from the air. All of this is part of this enormous complex. Although many of the stones may be natural formations, others were clearly maneuvered into specific locations and set up as landmarks.

Although I can find no evidence that anyone has taken notice of this huge ancient sacred site, every person who has gone out hiking with me and seen what I've pointed out has had an epiphany. Once you look at it, you know I am not mistaken...but it takes a lot of hiking and looking to see it.

Since I'm the only one who knows where this is, I am not anxious to share with academia. But if anyone in the area is into exploring a brand-new sacred site - as large as any in North America - let me know. And if I can figure out how, I'll post a few of the photos I've taken of these enormous standing stones.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-11-2008 at 05:38 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Excalibur
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 24
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

I'm always up for a little adventure. I live in South Orange County...probably not too far from you. Not sure I'm ready to run off into the hills with a complete stranger yet, but send me a private message
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Not sure I'm ready to run off into the hills with a complete stranger yet...
Don't blame ya. Some Sunday, grab your girlfriend and put the top down and take a drive down the 15. You'd probably be picking it up in Corona, right? Come on south, down past Temecula and into San Diego County. Once you get over the big hill south of Temecula start looking at the hills. Lotta big rocks. BIG rocks. Lots of 'em.

Continue down towards Escondido...just past Hidden Meadows Road start looking up at the ridge on your right. You can't miss Mesa Rock. There are actually up to 20 standing stones stretched out along that ridge, but Mesa Rock is the size of a 5 or 6 story building, sticking up like a thumb.

Stay on the 15 til you reach the 78 and head west towards Oceanside. As you are going through San Marcos, look out your right window at the far ridge. There sits Mesa Rock, about eight miles away. Look back at the road now. Stop somewhere and have a nice lunch. When you get back you can let me know if you think you'd like to see more.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-11-2008 at 07:06 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 506
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Whitecrow,
I'll be out that way this winter... I'll let you know how it goes! Please keep this Thread going, little by little you are going to find Southern California wakes up and goes hiking.

Thank you for sharing so sacred a site with the world. You are brave, we must all put our best forward to preserve and honor such places as well as the rest of this good Earth, for that matter.

Peace of mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
Excalibur
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 24
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Sounds intriguing whitecrow. Thanks for sharing. I may even get motivated and take a drive down there this weekend. I'll keep you posted on progress.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
I'm inspired by the post on a sacred site in Australia to share this experience. I live about thirty miles north of San Diego, California. I grew up here, moved away for 25 years, and returned in 2000. I have spent a good part of my life hiking around these hills. Now that I am pushing 60, I still get out and hike as often as possible. I am VERY in tune with earth energies, and have discovered numerous ancient sites (which I have left intact and for the most part unrecorded).

Since moving to the northern part of San Diego I've been staring up at a huge monolith everyone calls Mesa Rock. I would never believe it is a natural feature except it's so huge, it can be seen for ten miles. Gradually I have discovered that this is part of a complex of standing stones that extends for miles. I've photographed and plotted some of these monuments. I have not discovered any evidence that anyone has ever seen these before - and yet it seems impossible to me that I should be the first.

Using GoogleEarth, I've discovered several important sites, alignments and possible hillside fortresses. I have found ancient terracing and at least three ancient dams, all of which still work. I have found an ancient wall, and while downloading the photos I took at that site I found three consecutive frames in which a round ball of white mist rises out of the bushes and drifts upward and out of the frame. I've also discovered an area that's literally ringed with earth fault lines which can be clearly seen from the air. All of this is part of this enormous complex. Although many of the stones may be natural formations, others were clearly maneuvered into specific locations and set up as landmarks.

Although I can find no evidence that anyone has taken notice of this huge ancient sacred site, every person who has gone out hiking with me and seen what I've pointed out has had an epiphany. Once you look at it, you know I am not mistaken...but it takes a lot of hiking and looking to see it.

Since I'm the only one who knows where this is, I am not anxious to share with academia. But if anyone in the area is into exploring a brand-new sacred site - as large as any in North America - let me know. And if I can figure out how, I'll post a few of the photos I've taken of these enormous standing stones.

Hi Whitecrow,

I looked on Google, but I'm still not sure of the location.

Do you know one of the Essene power centers are located in that area?

When Jesus was a teenager, he lived with the Essene until his mid 20s. They were a gifted society with healers, psychics, mediums etc. Much of what he learned was taught to him by the Essene, some say they came from the stars.

The Essene opened a Center just north of Escondido at the location of an earth power vortex, from what you have described, I think it is very close to this location.

I have a few broken ribs right now, so won't be able to do any hiking for a while, but I'm game to try in a few months...

Here is a link to the Essene Retreat - Prayers for Peace Park

http://www.esseneinvinciblelight.org...fRegForm06.pdf


If anyone is interested, I think I can arrange for our Southern California meeting at this location...

We can add a little mysticism to the gathering...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 09-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
Hi Whitecrow,

I looked on Google, but I'm still not sure of the location.

Do you know one of the Essene power centers are located in that area?
Hi Rocky, I know of the Peace Park Center, but I've never been there. It's in Valley Center which is the eastern edge of the vortex, if that's what it is. There are several retreats and religious centers in the area, and I am sure it's not a coincidence.

As for GoogleEarth, make your location 30° 11' 20.04" N and 117° 2' 57" W, altitude about 3km. You are looking down at an ancient grove of trees in the middle of a prehistoric lake bed running north and south, about a mile long, nestled among very rugged and rocky hills. This is part of the Daley Ranch property, and the trails you see are hiking and riding trails. The long looping lines of trees trace faults in the earth, where deep water can reach the surface and the tree roots can take hold. There are other fault lines not as visible from this altitude, that completely encircle the grove in the center of your screen.

Turn your compass so that you are looking west, and tilt the landscape so that the Pacific Ocean appears at the top of your screen. In real life this is about 25 miles away, and on a clear day it really does look that close. You can now see the range of hills that extends toward the coast, which are marked here and there by huge stone monoliths that have been there for many thousands of years.

Zoom in until your altitude is about 1km. Fly west until you see a freeway beneath you. That's the 15. The ridge on the west side is the location of Mesa Rock and its associated complex. Because building-sized features appear flat in GoogleEarth you won't actually see the standting stones, just where they are located. You can see that development is fast surrounding this site. If action is not taken to preserve it, most of it will be lost forever without people realizing it could be as significant as Stonehenge.

Now that you've located Mesa Rock, turn your compass again until you are looking east. Flying in this direction you will come upon an equally rugged rampart of rocks which towers over the city, and is where you started. I don't know the full dimensions of this sacred site, but it's plain to me that people have considered this area special since ancient times so it's no surprise to me that there are so many spiritual centers here.

This would be a great site for a gathering. It doesn't have the tourist clutter that Sedona has but hey, it is after all southern California, and it is truly a mysterious land about which very little is actually known.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-11-2008 at 07:54 PM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Some pics...in the panoramic view, compare the size of the eighteen-wheeler on the freeway to the stones on the ridge...about five miles from the camera....










whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #9
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

my google earth might not be synched right, I ended up a few hundred miles off shore, gonna be a tough hike...


I changed the first number to 33 and was looking down at an enormous, Mushroom, saucer shaped object sitting on top of a hill, looks camouflaged from the road side...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 09-11-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:31 AM   #10
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
I changed the first number to 33 and was looking down at an enormous, Mushroom, saucer shaped object sitting on top of a hill, looks camouflaged from the road side...

OK, this is really weird! 33° is correct. I somehow typed 30º and didn't catch my mistake. Somehow you automatically wound up in the right place. The round object is an old stock tank. It is almost completely hidden at ground level, surrounded by very dense brush.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 AM   #11
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post

OK, this is really weird! 33° is correct. I somehow typed 30º and didn't catch my mistake. Somehow you automatically wound up in the right place. The round object is an old stock tank. It is almost completely hidden at ground level, surrounded by very dense brush.
I'd like to say it was my amazing psychic abilities, but I really just zoomed to Escondido and when I saw how close the numbers were I stopped on 33

I just went through and looked at everything and see what you are talking about, where is the Essene center in relation?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 AM   #12
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western U.S.A.
Posts: 70
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

hi all,

What a great thread~ I will have to check this Mesa Rock out. . .

I have lived in Southern Cal all my life, and am just beginning to learn more about its sacred sites.
(I have still yet to see Joshua Tree !)
It is true many native American Indians who worked with and honored nature had to leave behind many special places here.

Do you know anything about the "Mormon Rocks" they, too, seem very majestic and mysterious.... I have only driven by them on Hwy 138 going W- into Palmdale off from the N-I15 .

There's a lot of mystery deeply entrenched (and i mean that literally) within the grounds of L.A. also....
I will try to soon dig up a "write up" pertaining to an "alien influence" here...

Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #13
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
I just went through and looked at everything and see what you are talking about, where is the Essene center in relation?
It would be just about due east a couple of miles. I haven't Googled it but it might prove interesting. Also in the immediate area is a Buddhist retreat, and on the south fringe of Escondido there's an artists commune of sorts, some kind of spiritual community that's been there for years. There is also another mysterious religious community of some kind that operates in an old mental hospital that is in a fairly wild and remote location. That place is supposed to be haunted, and I've seen some pretty creepy videos about it on YouTube.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 AM   #14
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
It would be just about due east a couple of miles. I haven't Googled it but it might prove interesting. Also in the immediate area is a Buddhist retreat, and on the south fringe of Escondido there's an artists commune of sorts, some kind of spiritual community that's been there for years. There is also another mysterious religious community of some kind that operates in an old mental hospital that is in a fairly wild and remote location. That place is supposed to be haunted, and I've seen some pretty creepy videos about it on YouTube.
the reason I was wondering is if the Essene chose the center, could there be a 2 mile circle of the stones surrounding it on the hilltops? Maybe you have just uncovered one side of the circle...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:28 AM   #15
robyn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rim of the World, California
Posts: 58
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
Continue down towards Escondido...just past Hidden Meadows Road start looking up at the ridge on your right. You can't miss Mesa Rock. There are actually up to 20 standing stones stretched out along that ridge, but Mesa Rock is the size of a 5 or 6 story building, sticking up like a thumb.
Hey whitecrow, I used to live in Bonsall when it was just a wide spot in the road in the 70s. Heading on the I15 to Escondido was a huge rock up on the right. We always remarked that it looked like a lizard head. In the opposite direction from Escondido to Bonsall, it looks more like a beaver head to me anyway. I have no idea of the road names any more, but could this be the rock?

I have family down there so still see it occasionally. I'd be happy to go down there and explore or meet up with some folks.
robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #16
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn View Post
Hey whitecrow, I used to live in Bonsall when it was just a wide spot in the road in the 70s. Heading on the I15 to Escondido was a huge rock ...could this be the rock?
That's Mesa Rock. It's just the biggest one. There are dozens of smaller ones.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:55 AM   #17
robyn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rim of the World, California
Posts: 58
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
That's Mesa Rock. It's just the biggest one. There are dozens of smaller ones.
Kewl, when do we meet?

That rock has always attracted my attention, guess I know why now.
robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 AM   #18
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn View Post
Kewl, when do we meet?

That rock has always attracted my attention, guess I know why now.
Well, the weather's starting to cool off...I'd love to get a group together for a hike. I will be up in Fresno for a few days next month, but otherwise I can set something up as long as it's far enough in advance that I can plan for it.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #19
robyn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rim of the World, California
Posts: 58
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
Do you know anything about the "Mormon Rocks" they, too, seem very majestic and mysterious.... I have only driven by them on Hwy 138 going W- into Palmdale off from the N-I15
Yes, I know those. They're not too far from where I live. I've no idea if there is anyting special about them or not. Nice area tho...
robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #20
robyn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rim of the World, California
Posts: 58
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
Well, the weather's starting to cool off...I'd love to get a group together for a hike.
I would too. looking forward to it.
robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

About Mormon Rocks: I know of the site & have driven through the area, but that's about it. Many if not most dramatic landscape features have held significance for people. So there's probably something there.

Southern California is energy-dense. The many seismic features have a piezo effect, I believe, and there's evidence that people were aware of this in ancient times. With all the weirdness that comes out of the area from time to time, I'm surprised there hasn't been any study in this area.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western U.S.A.
Posts: 70
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post


---

Southern California is energy-dense. The many seismic features have a piezo effect, I believe, and there's evidence that people were aware of this in ancient times. With all the weirdness that comes out of the area from time to time, I'm surprised there hasn't been any study in this area.
*

Thank you, WhiteCrow,

"You Said It !" ---- I sure agree-- Oh, man, did i have something 'beyond weird' happen to me in July of 1980.

Being 'this' is the 'Southern California Site' --- I AM going to START my 'story' HERE ! ---- (i'VE been wanting to write 'about this' for years !)

Be patient... with me.....

{I'm often 'distracted' to the max..... (Right now I'm dying my hair... shhhh)} ---- *(Must be that i was born only 4o min. or so from 'Holllywood' ---- I've never been able to shake off that 'vain energy'...... )



Anyway..... I will ALSO post soon that 'article' i found on L.A. 's ("underground Alien Influence"....)

peace *

; )
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #23
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western U.S.A.
Posts: 70
Post Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Ok... I found the link :


http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/su...reptiles27.htm




My father was born in LA in 1923,
and i remember him mentioning once after i
brought up "Lizard People" when referring to some
scraggly looking guys full of tattoos we saw in a desert
Casino once back in like 1994... My oldest sister got mad
at me and said something along the lines of, "oh, they're 'free to be'...."
My dad chimed in at that moment and (until a few years ago-- I always thought he was 'kidding'... but...) he said, "Yes, there really are 'lizard people' .." ---And that's ALL he said.

Now, i realize he probably 'remembered' when this 'newspaper article' came out in LA back in the 1930s.....



Thanks,

Teresa
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #24
LoveLight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Southern California Sacred Site

Namaste Neighbors~

I live in San Marcos... a native Californian, returned back from AZ to California in 1987...

I have been reading this thread and know exactly where you are speaking of...near Lawrence Welk Village and RimRock...I believe! and the "haunted place" in South Escondido ... could that be "Questhaven"? on this side of the Del Dios?

I was very curious to read about all the Spiritual Communities in the Valley Center area...I have been organizing a new Energy Mission ... currently looking for a place here in North County...and also drawn to the Big Bear area...for quite sometime...

I do know that one of the directions of the Medicine Wheel that was created in Big Bear in 2004 by Blue Thunder (Bennie LeBeau) of the Shoshoni Tribe from Wyoming...to bring abundance of water to the area...one of the locations of the Medicine Wheel is Palomar Mountain...which the area did receive a huge abundance of rain and snow that year!

I just signed on this very evening...and am excited to share my love and light here...I am a teacher, creation artist and heart healer...and always a student of spirit...

I met Bill when he and Kerry appeared on a favorite website www.Lightworkers.org ... it was mentioned that this would be starting up soon...and low and behold...here we are! Blessings be to Bill and Kerry for the outstanding and true life altering work that they do...

I look forward to sharing and meeting you...and please feel free to check out www.Lightworkers.org ~ we are family!

I share Love from My Heart and the Song in My Soul!
courtland
aka
LoveLight
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #25
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 469
Default Howdy Neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLight View Post
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
I live in San Marcos...know exactly where you are speaking of...near Lawrence Welk Village and RimRock...I believe! and the "haunted place" in South Escondido ... could that be "Questhaven"? on this side of the Del Dios?

Howdy, Neighbor! It seems there are several of us here in southern CA and I'm hoping we can all meet up one day. You and I are just a couple miles apart. I live in Escondido & work in Vista, so I drive past you every day.

Yes, I was talking about Questhaven. I would love to look into that place someday. San Diego County is so full of mysteries! It's filled with haunted places and houses...ancient stone markers and monuments...incredible that most folks just never see it.

Next time you look up at Mesa Rock, notice that it's actually a group of at least six stones clustered together. Mesa Rock itself is the biggest by far. I don't know how tall it is - never been up there - but it's the size of a multistory building. If you explore the area around Mesa Rock, there are standing stones on hilltops, beside water towers, in people's yards. This means something. And directly across the freeway at Daley Ranch there are all kinds of traces of ancient habitation, including...you guessed it, more standing stones. I've even found one rock that appears to have runes carved into it.

I haven't explored the website you linked, but I bookmarked it...looks very interesting. I like the sound of your work. So many cool people here!

We should meet up some time. I can be found most afternoons at Frazier Farms in Vista, right off the freeway. I'm in the vitamin department. Can't miss me; just look for the King of the Leprechauns.

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
california, earth energy, sacred sites, standing stones

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon